Hot on the heels of the FCC’s announcement to open the 6 GHz band to unlicensed radios, we recently announced the launch of our new FCC Licenses Layer feature. Our new FCC Licenses Layer will allow users to overlay a layer with existing FCC licenses around one site within a radius. The feature will show users what spot frequencies are available in the area where they want to deploy their microwave links. Sign in or register for Aviat Design today to take the new feature for a spin. www.aviatcloud.com
GUI improvements include:
- The Project overview window has been redesigned and simplified with efficiency in mind. Projects can be sorted alphabetically or by completion date by simply clicking on either the project or date fields or quick sorting.
- Links can, alphabetically or by completion date in the main map design window to quickly find the required link and enhance navigation by simply clicking on the “link” or “last modified” fields
- In the past, it has been possible to move the sites in your design accidentally, but this is no longer the case as you now can lock the sites down and drag and pan — worry-free. When in the unlocked position, your site can easily be moved into a new position and then locked again for further design.
- Sites can now be searched from within the map window by clicking on locate a site and using the site name dropdown to retrieve the site
- PDF reports now include a map view to help quickly visualize the network design.
Under the hood
- Ability to select a portion of the path profile to calculate terrain roughness for the Vigants multipath method. The tool now offers two roughness calculation methods:
- Sea Level Reference
- Least Mean square fit
- Database updated directly from Engineering database for new products and DR for older products (includes ACM hysteresis losses for threshold values for modulations different from QPSK)
- Updated the Vigants Multipath method and the worst month to annual availability conversion.
- Updated and reviewed ITU-P.R 530-17 multipath method for improved accuracy
- Updated rain ITU rain to ITU-R P.530-17 method
- Deleted invalid radio templates – to optimize tools and ensuring efficiency of use.