Using the Aviat WTM 4100 or the WTM 4800 Multi-band with A2C+ and two 112 MHz channels achieves link capacity as high as a single 224 MHz channel, but with better performance, more uptime, and greater flexibility.
- September 21, 2021
- ACM, Adaptive Coding and Modulation, backhaul planning, Differentiated Availability, five-nines, lower TCO, multi-band, Multi-Band backhaul, Packet Transport, Wireless Backhaul
5G and rural broadband networks are on track to quickly outgrow the capabilities of microwave-only backhaul solutions. Taking a different, more flexible approach to backhaul planning and availability targets will be key to keep pace with capacity demands and control costs.
It’s pretty simple – network operators need to build more capacity to support active or future planned deployments of 5G. Even operators who don’t see 5G on the horizon yet are facing new capacity demands, whether they have 4G/LTE networks or are delivering rural broadband services using fixed wireless access.
- June 2, 2021
- 11 GHz, 6 GHz, 700+ Mbps, 80 MHz, attenuation, digitized broadband, high capacity, high-demand applications, ISP, long-haul microwave, mobile operators, multi-band, multiband, network capacity, Rain Attenuation, transmit output power, wireless Internet service provider, wisp
In this highly digitized broadband world, the demand for network capacity is always rising. Wireless internet service providers and mobile operators are all finding their customers demanding more bandwidth. Even utilities and local governments use more network bandwidth as they deploy surveillance cameras and other high-demand applications. Long-haul microwave links play a key role in delivering network capacity, and 6 GHz and 11 GHz frequencies are popular choices.
- April 22, 2021
- 11 GHz, 11GHz, 6 GHz, 6GHz, 80 GHz E-Band, IRU 600, L1LA, Layer 1 link aggregation, multi-band, multiband, multiband radio, OPEX, TCO, Total Cost of Ownership, WIFI 6e
With the current landscape of network economics and challenges associated with capacity and spectrum, having multiple tools for link deployments, capacity growth, and future-proofing are necessary. In this blog, we’ll discuss the concept of Microwave Multi-Band, or the use of two different microwave frequency bands over one link, and specifically the combination of 6 GHz and 11 GHz.
- February 23, 2021
- all-outdoor, connectivity, distance-learning, FCC, global fund, high-speed broadband, LTD Broadband, multi-band, multiband, RDOF, rural broadband, rural digital opportunity fund, telemedicine, unserved, virtual, Virtual Private Networks
Demand for broadband services to unserved or underserved rural communities has been a topic among governments worldwide for more than two decades. While there has been some government funding directed toward rural connectivity in prior years, the global COVID-19 pandemic has increased the urgency to close the digital divide.
- December 23, 2020
- 5G backhaul, capacity demand, demand, E-Band, eband, eband radio, high capacity, microwave, Microwave Capacity, microwave radios, millimeter wave radio, millimeter-wave, millimeterwave, multi-band, multi-band radio, multiband, multiband radio, rural broadband, traditional microwave, Wireless Backhaul, wireless network backhaul solution, wireless transport network
Is traditional microwave dead? With the advent of Multi-Band, it could be. Why accept an old solution when you can have so much more by combining E-Band and traditional microwave into a single-box unit. Governments are taking action across the world to connect homes and businesses in rural areas to the rest of the world. From the 7-year action plan devised by National Broadband Ireland (NBI) to the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) $9.2 billion newly implemented Rural Digital Opportunity Fund, there is a worldwide focus on the connectedness of rural areas. As capacity demands increase rapidly for rural broadband networks, a better solution than traditional microwave is needed.
- November 24, 2020
- all outdoor radio, Aviat Store, backhaul, Backhaul (telecommunications), dream team, E-Band, Microwave Radio, millimeter-wave, multi-band, multiband, OHS, OpenSoftHaul, Telecom Infra Project, WBH PG, Wireless Backhaul
When it comes to delivering the best in wireless backhaul solutions, Aviat sets the bar high, and now we have been selected as one of the “best-positioned suppliers” for the OpenSoftHaul (OSH) global RFI sponsored by Telecom Infra Project’s Wireless Backhaul Project Group (WBH PG).
- November 19, 2020
- 18 GHz, 80 GHz, E-Band, internet service providers, ISP, microwave radios, millimeter-wave, mmw, multi-band, multiband, ODU, RFU, service providers, traditional microwave, wisp
Some multi-box Multi-Band solutions currently available on the market fail to provide a seamless switchover between the traditional microwave and E-band frequencies when the E-band portion becomes unavailable—leading to reduced capacity and the need for manual intervention to correct the link’s performance.
Microwave spectrum cost is one of the largest TCO elements in many countries around the world, and as capacity demands grow, more spectrum is required. By combining a microwave and millimeter wave solution in the same product, like with Multiband radio, customers can achieve significant savings on spectrum costs.