ProVision Plus: Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
The Aviat Networks ProVision Plus is Aviat’s next generation management and application platform, designed from the ground up to minimize the total cost of ownership and maximize the intelligence and flexibility of modern complex microwave networks. ProVision Plus is designed to be open and programmable to enable custom built applications to automate the microwave lifecycle.
ProVision Plus is an easy to use web-based system accessed via modern web browsers such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. No client application installation is required, minimizing deployment and support cost. Multiple server deployment options are available. Provision Plus is designed for premise deployments and compliments AviatCloud for cloud-based installations.
Courses are conducted by AVIAT expert trainers in a mentoring environment backed by their deep technology expertise and experience in implementation of microwave wireless and IP/MPLS networks.
The course is conducted at Aviat Training locations or can be arranged at customer sites.
Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to perform:
- Installation and configuration of ProVision Plus software
- Basic diagnostics, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of microwave network elements using ProVision plus EMS
- Setup users and administer features for fault management, configuration management and reporting
- Monitoring MPLS networks
- Participants must complete ProVision System Overview e-learning course
- Participants should have knowledge and experience in the areas of network operations fundamentals and telecommunications fundamentals.
- The student will need a Notebook computer with an Ethernet port and running on one of the following Operating Systems:
- Windows XP Pro
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
ProVision Plus Introduction
- Functions & features
- Minimum hardware specifications
- Understand ProVision + Architecture
- Deployment Options
- Main User Interface
- Menu Bar
- Tree Viewer
- Map Viewer
- View and change radio configuration
- View and change network IP addresses
- Managing Events – event properties, acknowledge, clear
- Event Browser – filters, browser options
- Check the equipment performance
ProVision Plus Installation and User Administration
- Requirements for ProVision Plus Installation
- ProVision Plus Installation
- Verifying ProVision Plus is running
- Logging in to the Software
- Navigating ProVision Plus
- Basic User Account creation and access level
Deploying and Managing Radios
- Information required for deployment
- Deploying containers – regions, sites and racks
- Deploy, Manage, Rename, Delete and Unmanage Radios
Synchronizing Live and baseline database
- Network monitoring
- Network layer management
ProVision Plus Installation and Administration
- Creating Regional access for users
- Session Manager Administration
- Email Server Configuration
- Understand communication with Network elements
- Administer database manual and scheduled backup and security profiles
- Understand licensing requirements and procedures.
- Physical link
- LSP link
- TE link
- TE Tunnel
MPLS service operation management
- PW (Pseudowire)
- L2VPN services layer
- RT Link
- L3VPN services layer
Maintenance and troubleshooting
- Diagnostics History
- System message
Customer site requirements for on-site classes
- Enough in size to handle all participants, instructor, desks, chairs, classroom equipment. The room must have enough 110 AC (220) AC power and air conditioning to operate equipment, all student’s client’s PC’s and the server or radio as required.
- Marker board, SVGA or Overhead projector and screen.
Desk and chairs
- Desks or workstations with enough room for each student to write have open books, client PC and / or, keyboard and monitor.
- Internet access through the server or through client PC.
This course is intended for Network Operations Center (NOC) operators and engineers involved in managing microwave networks using the ProVision Plus EMS.
Student Handbook (USB)